Value?
Picked up a nice Stanley 81 scraper plane yesterday. Needs a blade and a new wood sole. What's it worth?
Without photos, in its current state, whatever someone would pay for it. Nicely rehabbed with an original Stanley blade, $25-35. They’re plentiful on eBay.
(12-05-2021, 05:04 PM)Katzrme Wrote: Without photos, in its current state, whatever someone would pay for it. Nicely rehabbed with an original Stanley blade, $25-35. They’re plentiful on eBay.

Have you seen "sold" stuff in ebay? They can be quite a bit more.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Condition, condition, condition......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I looked today. Lots of examples between $25-35, some buy it now and some with no bids. All had blades and a decent sole. Not saying you couldn’t get more for one in pristine condition, but these are by no means collectible and thus will not command today’s inflated prices.
(12-05-2021, 07:49 PM)Katzrme Wrote: I looked today. Lots of examples between $25-35, some buy it now and some with no bids. All had blades and a decent sole. Not saying you couldn’t get more for one in pristine condition, but these are by no means collectible and thus will not command today’s inflated prices.

True and plenty that have actually sold for a lot more...I never look at what's for sale to gauge a value. Only sold items.  A couple have sold for $100 and then trickle down from there. Like Admiral said, condition and specific year or year range will be the the most important factors.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11