Mist collector for dust?
donaldson torit mm1200 Is designed as a mist collection device, not for dust.

I can’t seem to find what type of fan it uses, I’m assuming it’s not an impeller type like a DC due to the 1000cfm claim with a 1hp motor.

Anyone have any experience inside one of these, or a parts diagram to see what kind of fan it is?

Duke
(12-06-2021, 05:37 AM)JDuke Wrote: donaldson torit mm1200 Is designed as a mist collection device, not for dust.

I can’t seem to find what type of fan it uses, I’m assuming it’s not an impeller type like a DC due to the 1000cfm claim with a 1hp motor.

Anyone have any experience inside one of these, or a parts diagram to see what kind of fan it is?

Duke

Try this link    https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/do...e-Fans.pdf
 Looks like 900  for 1 hp, 1200 for 2 hp  at no static pressure and must be installed in the clean air stream.  Roly
(12-06-2021, 10:59 AM)Roly Wrote: Try this link    https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/do...e-Fans.pdf
 Looks like 900  for 1 hp, 1200 for 2 hp  at no static pressure and must be installed in the clean air stream.  Roly

The guy sent me a picture, and best I can tell it’s some sort of hybrid that’s about 10” diameter and the blades appear to be heavy duty like dust collector, but not entirely vertical like you would see on a DC. They are slanted somewhat like a standard fan, but have a ring that appears to be welded to the outside.

I like to tinker, and am thinking that if I were to put one of these in a housing, and then protect it by running dust through either a thien baffle, or a cyclone it might give decent performance.

By the time I bought it for $100 and added a VFD at $200, I’d almost definitely be better off going another cheaper route. 

Unfortunately the motor is only 1hp and has a taper lock shaft, so I can’t think of anything to repurpose that for either… so I will probably not go down the rabbit hole. 

Thanks

Duke