Lowes price games
As soon as I see that a name brand has been taken over by a chinese company, I look for a not-made-in-china alternate. Apologies if this is too political.
(12-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: As soon as I see that a name brand has been taken over by a chinese company, I look for a not-made-in-china alternate. Apologies if this is too political.

That option for new clamps is closing up as more and more brands turn to Asia for their manufacturing needs. If de-globalization gets its way, we may one day see a different picture. But I ain't holding my breath for now.

Simon
I go to estate and garage sales that advertise hand tools. There are usually clamps to be had. May need a little clean-up and rust removal, but I try not to buy anything made in China.
(12-08-2021, 10:22 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I was at Lowe's two weeks ago, and noticed that all the new Jorgensen clamps are made in China. I can still find the US ones in the secondhand market. Same for Bessey clamps which are now made in China. What surprised me was when I saw the new Festool QR clamps that are made in Vietnam(?). Hey, the new QR clamps haven't lowered in price!

Simon

Festool clamps made by Bessey too.
I went a bit crazy when Amazon had the Bessey 4 packs for $93 a while back.  I don't think I will need to buy another one in my lifetime.  

These are all the old wood handled units some are still in the package.  Probably 10 or more years back
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-09-2021, 12:21 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I went a bit crazy when Amazon had the Bessey 4 packs for $93 a while back.  I don't think I will need to buy another one in my lifetime.  

These are all the old wood handled units some are still in the package.  Probably 10 or more years back

I cleaned out a number of Sears stores and HD stores when they clearanced Bessey clamps out 10-15 years ago.  One Sears store sold me KBodies for $15 each.  A HD store sold me all the Uniklamps they had for $10 each.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(12-09-2021, 10:41 AM)meackerman Wrote: I cleaned out a number of Sears stores and HD stores when they clearanced Bessey clamps out 10-15 years ago.  One Sears store sold me KBodies for $15 each.  A HD store sold me all the Uniklamps they had for $10 each.

Wow, some good deals there.

I was never really interested in the UniKlamps until I got some in a used set. They are handy clamps to have.
(12-09-2021, 12:21 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I went a bit crazy when Amazon had the Bessey 4 packs for $93 a while back.  I don't think I will need to buy another one in my lifetime.  

We can never have enough..............
Laugh

Simon
(12-09-2021, 12:40 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: We can never have enough..............
Laugh

Simon

until you have a bunch and no place to store them...

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark