CapSpray 9100
I'm looking at a Capspray 9100 HVLPon facebook. It's the ones that had the Sherwin Williams logo on it and had blue filter caps on both ends. The price is $300 for the 4 stage turbine and gun, no hose. I think the 4 stage turbine will give me better atomization on the BM Advance I'm going to spray on some kitchen cabinets than my old Eaglespray 2 stage HVLP. The owner died 3 years ago and his spouse has no idea how old it is and I'm trying to get a idea of approx. how old it is. I'm trying to talk them down on the price (just seems like the thing to do).
What do you folks think?
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
Get the serial number and contact the manufacturer by phone. They can probably tell you the date of manufacture with that information.
I wouldn’t sweat the age as long as you can still source the hose and potentially different sized needles—which I’d be surprised if you couldn’t. My Sherwin labeled Grace 4900, 4 stage, is most likely over 20 years old and it works great. Going from 2 to 4 stage is a night and day difference. Lower end HVLP’s are pretty limited. $300 isn’t a terrible price if lightly used and clean. I’d feel better at $300 if it had the hose. HVLP’s don’t come up for sale often in the KC area. I’d offer $250 given there’s no hose. You will most likely want a different needle set as well.

Thanks guys, I guess how old it is doesn't really matter. My old Eagle turbine is a 1991 model. I offered $200 so hopefully we will meet at $250. The hoses are pretty pricey, around $100. It has the same gun (Capspray) as I have for my Eagle looks just like the current Titan Magnum gun. I'm going to give it a shot.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
I hope you get it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the CFM’s and added boost you’ll get from the 4 stage to 2.