WANT TO BUY: Lie Nielsen Small Tongue/Groove Plane # 49
Looking to buy the small LN #49 Tongue and Groove plane: let me know if you're looking to get rid of one. Thank

[Image: 48-tongue-groove-plane-sil.jpg]
Those things are selling for $750 on eBay. This is the worst time of the year to buy that stuff.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Veritas Plow Plane and get the tongue and groove attachments.
I think you are correct: this has to be the worst time to be buying LN. Its a crazy market out there. But I will say, it is a great time to be selling, if you have something to sell. I am not desperate for the 49 as I have a 48. I am not one to reach (too far) for a particular item: your warning is heeded.
I must say the 49 is nice; I picked one up used about 7 years ago, but not interested in selling. Philip you'll have to wait for my estate sale!! :-)
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Is it still an estate sale if you can attend your own?  Do people ever sell their stuff before they kick off?  I have considered  assembling a group of "core tools" to keep, as Lie-Nielsen calls them, and offering the rest as a sale lot to just one buyer, or reseller.  Do I have that plane Phillip is looking for?  You bet!
You guys are killin me here: just bad timing on my part. I am in the process of building a bed: another large project. While I work on one project, I am thinking about the next one. I have decided that I'd like to scale it down a bit and make some sort of small case piece, with T&G back, hence my interest in the 49. I've been pretty lucky at finding tools that I need when I need them: we shall see.

Mike: I've bought and sold many LN collections over the years: always looking to do a deal
Wink

Admiral: I can't wait that long!
Hey Phil, would you consider a wooden t&g? Red Rose is finishing some in different sizes right now. I have a very nice Stanley 48 and am still planning to get a 1/2” and perhaps 3/4” from Dan. His planes are very nice, among the best available today. Just a thought, although wooden planes represent the proverbial slippery slope!

Take care and have a great holiday.

Kevin
(12-12-2021, 09:33 AM)kwadams Wrote: Hey Phil, would you consider a wooden t&g? Red Rose is finishing some in different sizes right now. I have a very nice Stanley 48 and am still planning to get a 1/2” and perhaps 3/4” from Dan. His planes are very nice, among the best available today. Just a thought, although wooden planes represent the proverbial slippery slope!

Take care and have a great holiday.

Kevin

Kevin: Wait: planes made of wood you say? Interesting concept. Who knew there would be so many ways to spend obscene amounts of money in such a humble hobby? I will be exploring this: Thanks! Phil
Still looking? Don't be shy: make me an offer.