Dispozablade System
Colleagues: does anyone utilize the Dispozablade system? 

I have a Sunhill/Gee Tech 15" planer that soon will need blade replacement. And it is getting to be a major PITA moving 400 + lbs to the center of shop, getting to the cutter head, etc. Trying to find an easier way -- if that actually is possible -- to replace the blades. 

I found the Dispoza site while looking for something else: https://dispozablade.com/

Did a search here,  but found one thread referring to the above website. Thanks for any assistance.
A now gone local millwork shop used them on a 24" Woodmaster. Quick and easy knife change, no setup other than the intial install.
Guess they figured the time savings and not having to play dickaround getting knives ground was worth it.

Ed
Some years ago these were discussed at least semi-frequently, not as much these days. But I never saw anything bad mentioned about them....other than cost ( happens no matter what the subject is). I'm guessing the insert heads have claimed a lot of the market they were after.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It's a little more coin but this is the best answer:
https://www.holbren.com/Byrd_Tool_B4715
https://www.grizzly.com/products/byrd-to...head/h7768

Each side of the carbide insert will last up to 10x longer than conventional HSS knives.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I too grew frustrated setting jointer and planer blades. I bit the Byrd bullet as well with no regrets. One of the best additions I’ve made in my shop.

I thought about a shelix/Byrd type of replacement cutter head. Problem is I would need help and the guys around here are -- at best -- Channel Lock pliers & Vise Grips workers....
Ray,

Swapping the heads is pretty straightforward. There’s videos on YouTube and I think Grizzly might have one too. It’s much more intimidating than it truly is to do. Make sure you buy new bearings, which are cheap, instead of monkeying and possibly damaging the old ones. Add a link belt too if you haven’t already.

KC Fireslayer: I have seen the videos on swapping the cutter heads and it appears to be relatively straightforward procedure

However, I am 75 years old and being a bilateral above the knee amputee I use a wheelchair.  Over the last 54 years, I found that while I can do a great deal of things, age, the chair,  and other medical maladies hamper or prevent me from doing others. Just moving the planer out to use it, then putting it back out of the way now is bothersome. Luckily, I really do not use it that much anymore. I am starting to ponder if I should sell it and buy a lunchbox planer.