How to rout the groove in a cutting board?
Cutting boards are done!

(I skipped the juice groove).

On the one without the finger slots, don't know if you can see it, but it is beveled on the backside so you can pick it up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
They turned out very nice.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-02-2022, 11:15 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Cutting boards are done!
They look great! But you realize you missed the Christmas deadline? If anyone else mentions it, just say; "Covid".
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-03-2022, 11:01 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: They look great! But you realize you missed the Christmas deadline? If anyone else mentions it, just say; "Covid".

No, they were under the tree.

In fact, I finished them the Sunday before and spent the intervening 6 days applying the food safe finishes
Dumber than I appear
Being a cook and a woodworker i dont put grooves on any boards i make. If your slicing something you expect to juice a lot i just put it in a sheet pan
(12-14-2021, 09:48 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: FS7, you know. I go back and forth on whether or not I should make a juice groove.  SWMBO says I should incorporate one...me????...I'm not so sure.

But I did bookmark that video.  If I do it, I think that's the route I'll go.  Thanks!

I do find that juice grooves are great on the board I use to carve a roast chicken or a big steak. It depends on what type of meat you cook.

I make them with or without depending on what people ask for.
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi