Pressure washer pump protection
Anyone use Anti corrosion cooling system product to protect your pressure washer pump from corrosion between uses?
Pump saver that's sold can get expensive. Especially if you use it,then remember you missed a spot!
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I may not be answering the question you asked,  not sure what you meant about "missing a spot". But this past spring I paid $70 to have my Cat pressure washer pump disassembled and cleaned because the hard water of our well froze one of the valves shut while it was in storage. I always drained it, but there is (according to Simpson, the manufacturer) always some small amount of water that can do what happened to me...especially if the water is really hard. Our water clinks against your teeth when you drink it. Anyway, I asked the service guy about how to deal with this, and he said the only thing he knew of was this stuff. It's not that expensive, and you get multiple uses out of one can. There is an identical product marketed by Briggs and Stratton if you can find the Sta-Bil label.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-14-2021, 10:11 AM)Pirate Wrote: Anyone use Anti corrosion  cooling system product to protect your pressure washer pump from corrosion between uses?
Pump saver that's sold can get expensive. Especially if you use it,then remember you missed a spot!

I don't have hard water so I don't do anything between uses.  For winter storage I use air pressure to blow any water out then blow in rv antifreeze until it comes out with a few turns of the engine to get to all sections..  Been doing this for years with no problems stored in a shed it gets well below freezing.   Roly
(12-14-2021, 01:43 PM)Roly Wrote: I don't have hard water so I don't do anything between uses.  For winter storage I use air pressure to blow any water out then blow in rv antifreeze until it comes out with a few turns of the engine to get to all sections..  Been doing this for years with no problems stored in a shed it gets well below freezing.   Roly

I just use a 3 ft length of old garden hose and a funnel, fill the hose with RV antifreeze (non-alcohol) and hand crank it until antifreeze comes out.  City water isn't very hard up here, but I should look into putting a little lube through it anyway.  Blasted Cat pump is half the cost of the whole unit.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(12-14-2021, 03:46 PM)TDKPE Wrote: I just use a 3 ft length of old garden hose and a funnel, fill the hose with RV antifreeze (non-alcohol) and hand crank it until antifreeze comes out.  City water isn't very hard up here, but I should look into putting a little lube through it anyway.  Blasted Cat pump is half the cost of the whole unit.

I do the same exact thing.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I use this for long term storage of my Graco paint sprayer.  It reads like it will work for your application.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51uR...SX679_.jpg
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I also use the Graco Pump Armor. Had to use the airless sprayer this summer after it was stored for 3+ years. Worked like when it was new. Never thought about using it in the pressure washer.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(12-14-2021, 03:46 PM)TDKPE Wrote: I just use a 3 ft length of old garden hose and a funnel, fill the hose with RV antifreeze (non-alcohol) and hand crank it until antifreeze comes out.  City water isn't very hard up here, but I should look into putting a little lube through it anyway.  Blasted Cat pump is half the cost of the whole unit.

+1 My 23 y/o pressure washer is still pumping using this method.
Thanks. Hose and funnel sounds good.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer