Walnut Table
First, thanks for all that replied to my thread on table dimensions. Your insight was most helpful. 

I am now just waiting on the varnish to cure a little more before the final polish.  

The table top is 32" x 64" and ended up at 1 1/2" thick.  The legs are 2 5/8" square. 

All joints were draw-bored and pegged. I finally was able to use the cheap draw-bore pegs that I have had collecting dust to test the joints. These are the cheap Stanley tapered punch tools. 

The tenon for the bread board ends were initially cut with a router and required a lot of fitting with shoulder and rabbet planes. 

For the finish, I started with a coat of Minwax Antique Oil. The top coat is about 6 coats of Varathane poly varnish wiped on with a folded up paper towels with sanding between coats.  

Let me be the first to say: Excellent! Finish/grain on top is outstanding!
(12-14-2021, 05:15 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Let me be the first to say: Excellent! Finish/grain on top is outstanding!

+1
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Looks great! The grain really looks nice on that.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Very nice, well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Very pretty! I like simpler designs.

Also, Minwax Antique is a very underrated finish. Works very well in my opinion.
Stunning. Your walnut resembles Claro and it’s awesome. I too love the simple design. Those BB ends are very nice but time consuming for sure. You’d be hard pressed to buy a table with BB ends in a retail store. Heck, even an “Amish furniture store”….

(12-15-2021, 11:31 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Stunning. Your walnut resembles Claro and it’s awesome. I too love the simple design. Those BB ends are very nice but time consuming for sure. You’d be hard pressed to buy a table with BB ends in a retail store. Heck, even an “Amish furniture store”….

The guy I built this for initially didn’t want the breadboard ends. He thought it would make the table look too rustic. I think he is happy I talked him into them. Also solved some issues for me as it allowed more length for leg material as the legs were made from the same boards the top was made from.
The BB ends on a table like this takes it to another level. Especially drawbored. You just can’t buy furniture like this anymore. I think I spent at least a full day cutting and fitting the BB end on my farm table I made. Another great reason for BB ends is how they help keep the table top flat. I used homemade wood “buttons” slid into mortises to attach my top. I pocket screwed corner blocks in as well.