Ron Fleming
Just some dude in my woodturning club...

RIP Ron

"I was drinking last night when I first read this and did not care. Now this morning, I still don't."   halfmychite 9/6/12

Thanks for sharing, this is an amazing story as well as incredible workmanship.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Sad news indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I knew that Tim Yoder is a class act, but I had not realized how much we owe to Ron Fleming.

Quote:Just some dude in my woodturning club...
Our condolence's to your club.

Along with Myron Curtis, that is 2 founding members of AAW lost this year. Possibly 3 if Bill Grumbine was also an AAW founding member.

The air brush can be a challenging tool. Frank Kelly Freas used to tell tales about the challenges of doing aircraft nose art in the Pacific Theater during WW2. In the high humidity, air brushing with varnish would sometimes spit threads of varnish instead of a mist. The air brush part of Ron's bio brought back memories of Kelly.
Sigh

Ron Fleming's passing is a loss to many communities. May he RIP.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(12-16-2021, 11:32 PM)iclark Wrote: Sad news indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I knew that Tim Yoder is a class act, but I had not realized how much we owe to Ron Fleming.

Our condolence's to your club.

Along with Myron Curtis, that is 2 founding members of AAW lost this year. Possibly 3 if Bill Grumbine was also an AAW founding member.

The air brush can be a challenging tool. Frank Kelly Freas used to tell tales about the challenges of doing aircraft nose art in the Pacific Theater during WW2. In the high humidity, air brushing with varnish would sometimes spit threads of varnish instead of a mist. The air brush part of Ron's bio brought back memories of Kelly.
Sigh

Ron Fleming's passing is a loss to many communities. May he RIP.

Bill was nowhere close
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning