New Setup Tool
Just got an e-mail on this item. Anyone have one? Comments welcome.

Doug

Woodpecker Adjustable Setup Block
(12-16-2021, 07:59 PM)Tapper Wrote: Just got an e-mail on this item. Anyone have one? Comments welcome.

Doug

Woodpecker Adjustable Setup Block

I'd love to have one but I'm still recovering from my one and only WP purchase...

Crazy
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Looks nice, but $200?    

John
I've never understood the 'limited time only' tools. If they are that great, wouldn't you want to sell them forever?
$200 because soon after its release (6 months if not less), we will start seeing its knockoff coming to the market for maybe just $30 a piece. It is necessary to start with a high price to recoup the investment and make some profit.

Seriously, this is just a super expensive precision square substitute.

Simon
seems more reasonably priced....

iGaging Setup Block Bar Gauge Precision Aluminum 15 piece for Woodworking - - Amazon.com

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Price aside, it does look like a useful piece to have.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looks like a woodworkers take on adjustable machinists parallels. add an eBay used adjustable parallel and a $20 calipers to set it and you have something like this but way more accurate.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I looked at the link.  Interesting, but not for $200.

Ship date on the link is 31 May 2022.

So, is this a new product?  Are these are pre-orders for a product that is not even in production?

Some folks like WP stuff; I just can't justify it based on cost/benefit.  Others will jump on the offer; I hope they enjoy the tool whenever it arrives.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(12-17-2021, 09:18 AM)R Clark Wrote: I looked at the link.  Interesting, but not for $200.

***** date on the link is 31 May 2022.

So, is this a new product?  Are these are pre-orders for a product that is not even in production?

Some folks like WP stuff; I just can't justify it based on cost/benefit.  Others will jump on the offer; I hope they enjoy the tool whenever it arrives.

I think they have some really cool designs, make neat stuff and are priced out of my budget.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark