New Setup Tool
It's a neat design and I like it, but Wixley makes a couple digital height gauges that work very well for a lot less.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Wink 
It is basically a planner gauge used in metal working. Metal working planners basically went obsolete about 50 years ago.( nothing like a wood planner)  the tool you are looking at is still a tough tool and if it doesn't touch it is not there and if it does it is to high.

Here is a much better tool, and cheaper and has more uses. It is also direct reading.

I somehow got it posted and I wasn't finished.

It has 1 inch travel. and there are 10 evolutions' to complete the travel and each one has 100 thousands of travel. Think of a dollar (100) pennies.  or there are 25 pennies in a quarter and add a zero and if you wanted to set a saw blade for a 1/4 inch depth of cut raise it .250 or two revolutions and add 50.  5 revolutions  a 1 /2 inch  in money 50 and add a zero.  three quarters has 75 pennies just add a zero. 750

You can skip the brass blocks and all the digital stuff they are peddling today. I you want to move your saw fence a hair, a human hair is about .002- .004 in diameter just move it 2-4 lines.

Tom
Looks cool, but not cool enough for that price! I'd be more likely to DIY something at much lower cost.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

There's a sucker born every minute. In translation, if you build it they will come.

A pal of mine paid good money for a Bridge City kerfmaker and tenonmaker when they first came out. The idea was great, but he admitted last time we met he had never used them in a real project!

Simon
Doesn't do anything a double square can't. A good precision double square runs around $50 or less.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Maybe another option?

Doug

Incra Gauge
My thought was that it would be great for router bits IF the "shelf" was big enough to reach the middle of a curved bit.

Nice looking too if you can spend the money
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(12-16-2021, 09:28 PM)camp10 Wrote: I've never understood the 'limited time only' tools.  If they are that great, wouldn't you want to sell them forever?

The limited time is the time before somebody in the Far East knocks it off and sells it for 20% or less of WoodPeck's price. The only benefit I see to this is to measure where the cutter is above the work, not below. For instance to set a stop on a drill press so the bit stops a precise distance above the table.
I found a oneway jig second hand - the same one tablesawtom shows in his post.  I had seen pictures of those before and I thought it looked handy.  I have only had it for a short time, but now I would not want to be without it!  For the price, I think it is a steal.  And it is made in North America.
Steve