Router for Craftsman 171.25484 Table?
Hello.  I have an older Craftsman 171.25484 router table and I am trying tying to mate a router to it.  Per the manual, these Craftsman routers will bolt to it:  9-27504, 9-27505, 9-27506, 9-27510 and 9-27511.  However, looking on ebay, I can not find these model numbers.  Are there substitution numbers?

I can tell you a Porter Cable 609 router will not bolt to it.  The universal adapter plate, part number 9-25333 is not available, that I can find.  Im interested in a router with a 1/2" collet, that will bolt to this table. 

All help is appreciated.  Thanks for the help!
I suspect the problem you are facing is one common to Craftsman tools, a majority of their accessories were made uniquely to fit only the Craftsman line of tools. I also suspect those routers are long discontinued, and you won't find a replacement. If you insist on using that table, the best approach might be modify it to hold your PC (or some other make/model) of router. Sometimes this is as easy as drilling new holes to match the router base. With your table I couldn't find a manual that I could read well enough to see how the routers were mounted, so it's possible that some other mod might be needed. Other than that, it's a matter of finding the matching used C'man router....or starting from scratch.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-17-2021, 12:28 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I suspect the problem you are facing is one common to Craftsman tools, a majority of their accessories were made uniquely to fit only the Craftsman line of tools. I also suspect those routers are long discontinued, and you won't find a replacement. If you insist on using that table, the best approach might be modify it to hold your PC (or some other make/model) of router. Sometimes this is as easy as drilling new holes to match the router base. With your table I couldn't find a manual that I could read well enough to see how the routers were mounted, so it's possible that some other mod might be needed. Other than that, it's a matter of finding the matching used C'man router....or starting from scratch.

Thanks.  I got one of the three factory router plate screws holes to like up with one of the counter sunk factory holes on the table and was able to mark two more locations for additional mounting screws.  I drilled and tapped my router base for 5/8" long, #10 screws and got the router mounted under the table.  Al good now.  Thanks again.
Try the new Skil plunge router and see if it’s baseplate will line up. It’s a copy of a Craftsman Professional router Sears sold while they were still in business but with a new electronic speed display.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.