Butcher block countertop
A friend of mine had some butcher block countertops installed. She says the installers used a product called “Howard’s Butcher Block Conditioner” on it. She’s not satisfied with the finish and wants something more durable. I’m not familiar with the Howard’s product. Is there anything that can be used on top of it that will adhere and give better protection? This is just a countertop that doesn’t come into direct contact with food.
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
(12-19-2021, 09:49 AM)Eazyduzzit Wrote: A friend of mine had some butcher block countertops installed. She says the installers used a product called “Howard’s Butcher Block Conditioner” on it. She’s not satisfied with the finish and wants something more durable. I’m not familiar with the Howard’s product. Is there anything that can be used on top of it that will adhere and give better protection? This is just a countertop that doesn’t come into direct contact with food.

If the countertop gets cut on then no finish is going to remain durable for long.  If it does not get cut on then there are lots of choices, from a hardwax oil like Rubio Monocoat or Osmo Polyox, to varnish like Waterlox.  I would strongly consider Rubio Monocoat or Osmo Polyox because they are so easy to repair should the inevitable happen.  

John