Why does the word s-h-i-p get changed to *****
Every time I read or write the word ship (s-h-i-p) it has or gets changed to *****.  What's going on?  

John

See, it got changed in my sentence above.  

John
(12-20-2021, 01:17 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Every time I read or write the word ***** (s-h-i-p) it has or gets changed to *****.  What's going on?  

John

See, it got changed in my sentence above.  

John

The anti-cursing bit of software in the forum code is doing that. Been that way for a while. I have a recollection of somebody posting a list of words that got switched once. Many more than the classic seven.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Because the moderators decided that Woodnet users might use the word meaning to send a package to someone else in place of a swear word so it was also banned.

(12-20-2021, 04:04 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Because the moderators decided that Woodnet users might use the word meaning to send a package to someone else in place of a swear word so it was also banned.

The mods are needed far more on FB, Instagram, etc. than here.

John
(12-20-2021, 04:04 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Because the moderators decided that Woodnet users might use the word meaning to send a package to someone else in place of a swear word so it was also banned.

Sigh

The moderators had nothing to do with this.

The expanded library of words that get censored came with the forum software version update.

We are trying to get that library corrected, but it is currently a lower priority for the administrators than some of the other bugs that came with that version update.
A useless feature in the upgrade. To prove my point: *****.

Simon
(12-21-2021, 12:35 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: A useless feature in the upgrade. To prove my point: *****.

Simon

No one called the software update an upgrade. It was supposedly a minor level update, but it had a lot of issues.

No need to prove your point. The good news is that I am replying to your post before anyone reported it. The current config for Reports sends a PM to the mods, the sysadmin, and to our hosts.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Yeah, s h i m is another word that someone somewhere decided should not be typed. This has been this way for over a month.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(12-20-2021, 11:08 PM)iclark Wrote:
Sigh

The moderators had nothing to do with this.

The expanded library of words that get censored came with the forum software version update.

We are trying to get that library corrected, but it is currently a lower priority for the administrators than some of the other bugs that came with that version update.

ok.  thanks for correcting me.