It followed me home, can I keep it?
So..rather than spend the $190 to fix the old external  hard drive....counting buying a new one....I went next door to the Computer store to visit the Antique Mall...

and...this little thing wanted to go home with me...

I guess it no longer wanted to sit close to a Stanley Handyman #4...there was also the parts to a low angle plane (body, cap iron, knob) not the best sort of company to keep....price for this "Treasure"?

A better look..

I do have a small block plane at home...

An AL #101 sized by Foster of Buffalo, NY.

Took the $5.29 plane to the shop, and get it ready for a bit of rehab..

Paint was about...50/50, decided to strip off the old flaky paint..

Flatten the sole and the back of the iron, and sharpen the iron at bit....replaced the old paint..

There is an issue, with the post the iron sits on....has a compound bevel...in addition to the bevel it is suppose to have...it also leans to the left...or should I say "lists to Port".   Cap iron had a lump at the edge, bed needed cleaned up....

Had to wait until the paint was well dried, no rush.....big Mill File to work on that pillar....

So..about an hour in the shop, plus waiting around on paint to dry.....Plane Til now has a Stanley sized 102 "Apron  Plane" to work alongside the 101...Maybe I can "retire" the American Tool & Foundry version.......?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Very nice refurb!!!

I love to do just that, take something old and make it presentable as well as useable again.... it doesn’t have to be TOL stuff just any old hand tool.