Battery Reciprocating Saw
Just bought a 20V reciprocating brushless saw with 4 amp battery. (Never had a battery tool except Bosch Impact Driver and Drill.) The RS runs about 10 minutes on a full battery! Is that what one should expect, or did I get a lemon?
The "sawsall" will eat up a battery faster than any other tool. I still prefer the corded sawall for large jobs, but the battery type still have there place.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Yeah, I got about two good cuts using my Bosch 18v.

But it was two cuts I couldn't have done othewise
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I know nothing about the cordless models, I have a 25 year old Milwaukee corded that I've never needed to replace the battery in. It's not so handy outdoors when I use it with a pruning blade. I do wish that it had the tool less blade change, but for the limited amount I use it I can live with using an allen wrench.
Dependnig on the load, it should run longer than that. What brand saw?

Ed
Ed, the saw is Hart (Walmart). I wanted to buy another brand, but in our area, Walmart was the only place that had it in stock, and I needed to buy one right away.
I see used corded ones on Craigslist all the time cheap.  Some beat up and some in pretty good shape.  Never spent more than $40 on one.

I had a Dewalt 18v one for a while and as you reported, it didn't last long.
I get longer runtime out of Ridgid 18v RS, more expensive saw, more expensive batteries, so that might account for it.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Peter, Walmart has a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. If you think it's not performing to your expectations, you might exchange it and see if things get better...if not just get your money back.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Like Fred said...sort of, take it back, get a refund.

I've not much faith in a wally world tool.

My DeWalt 20v compact recip saw does much better and its not brushless. No l won't recomend one as the vibration level is extreme.

Ed