Battery Reciprocating Saw
(12-22-2021, 11:33 PM)EdL Wrote: ... take it back, get a refund.

No l won't recomend one as the vibration level is extreme.

Ed

My Makita is ridiculous...glad I did not pay for it.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I have a Bosch 12v (gift). It cuts better with no battery and me pushing it to and fro. I swear I could grab the blade and stop it.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
My son has a Ryobi.  He has a 16"  chain saw, but will not use it while on a ladder or in the trees; instead he uses his Ryobi reciprocating saw.  He pruned his 2 maple trees, about 40 minutes of stopping and starting on one charge.
  No idea of the actual work time, but he had a good sized pile of limbs... maybe twenty or so 1" - 2" thick branches.
(12-23-2021, 10:36 AM)Tony Z Wrote: I have a Bosch 12v (gift). It cuts better with no battery and me pushing it to and fro.  I swear I could grab the blade and stop it.

Interesting, l have the little Bosch also. Works great, especially for trimming trees.

Ed
I have a couple Ridgid brushless R saws and they are pretty good. They seem to last pretty long with not much vibration. I think brushless makes a difference in a R saw.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I guess I will be on the plus side. I have a Milwaukee 18V NiCad that I love. I never had a problem with battery life while using it. I do have several batteries since I still use my Milwaukee cordless drill and circular saw that came with the kit I bought used about 10 years ago. I also have a Milwaukee corded saw but rarely use that one.
Peter, where did you come out on this???
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-23-2021, 10:36 AM)Tony Z Wrote: I have a Bosch 12v (gift). It cuts better with no battery and me pushing it to and fro.  I swear I could grab the blade and stop it.

I have the little Bosch 12v one handed recip saw.  Its great for small tasks, never had a complaint about it power.  I picked it up at Lowes for $15 a few years ago, so can't complain about the price.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I've got an 18V Bosch lithium version and with the larger battery it will do fine for an afternoons worth of work. Hart tools are a no name knockoff brand and probably come with fairly low grade batteries. Take it back if you can and go with something blue, yellow, red or orange and you should do better.
I have a makita x2 (2 18v battery) Brushless reciprocating saw that is a beast and lasts and lasts. But its not light cheap or vibration free.

Also good blades make a huge difference.