Extra base for Ridgid cordless trim router
Does anyone know where I can get a base for the Ridgid cordless trim router? I've searched and can't seem to find one. I also have a Bosch colt and have made a few jigs for it and it's convenient to mount an extra base so I don't have to keep mounting the router base when I want to use a jig and unmount it when I'm done. Would like to do the same with the Ridgid.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I'm not sure I understand your question regarding mounting and unmounting an extra base. However, it is not difficult to make a base of most any size or shape from 1/4" acrylic or polycarbonate.
If it's the R86044 router, and the Base is part #200234019, you may be able to get one from eReplacement parts. They don't have a parts diagram for that model number--and i got the model number from a home depot ad for a "compact" "Octane" router--so view this as purely a guess!! Ridgid also has a parts page on their web site, been a while since i've been there for anything though. If the above works, looks to be $25 plus shipping.
Good luck!!
earl
Don't know for sure or not but could it also be this part for this 18V Ridgid router, part number 204812002 from this parts list, part #37. https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ridgid...47669.html
(12-24-2021, 12:33 PM)Willyou Wrote: I'm not sure I understand your question regarding mounting and unmounting an extra base. However, it is not difficult to make a base of most any size or shape from 1/4" acrylic or polycarbonate.

Yup, using a vix style bit to transfer the mounting holes from the existing sub-base. If I want the new base to work with Porter Cable style bushings I use 3/8" acrylic. That gives me a little more material to work with. Thicker is also handy if I want to counter bore instead of counter sink the mounting screws then make the thru holes a little oversized to allow a little movement to center the bit.
Obviously I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for is the part that holds the motor. I bought a couple of replacement bases for my Bosch colt
https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PR001-PR20E...B000FF76L6

This let me move the motor from jig to jig without unscrewing the router base from one jig and then screwing it to another. Looking to duplicate this with the Ridgid cordless. It would be nice to be able to order the whole assembly instead of needing to order all the individual screws and levers, etc. that make up the base.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(12-25-2021, 06:17 PM)cpolubin Wrote: Obviously I wasn't clear. What I'm looking for is the part that holds the motor. I bought a couple of replacement bases for my Bosch colt
https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PR001-PR20E...B000FF76L6

This let me move the motor from jig to jig without unscrewing the router base from one jig and then screwing it to another. Looking to duplicate this with the Ridgid cordless. It would be nice to be able to order the whole assembly instead of needing to order all the individual screws and levers, etc. that make up the base.

Cliff

good place to start looking is on the small cnc forums like the ones for the x-carve, or shapeoko.

lots of people use the trim routers as spindles in those and have bases sitting on the shelf doing nothing.
good luck