Stihl Batteries
I currently have Kobalt blower & trimmer, about 6 years old. Both batteries became inoperable for some reason. I got just 1 battery due to the fact I don't have a lot to trim and use the blower. I'm considering replacing them with Stihl battery operated tools. Do their batteries last longer or do I go with gas operated tools?

Thanks for your comments.

Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah

Jim
Jim
I looked into Stihl battery tools about 6 months ago, reviews on battery life were not great. I stuck with gas. That's all I got....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-24-2021, 10:40 AM)Admiral Wrote: I looked into Stihl battery tools about 6 months ago, reviews on battery life were not great.  I stuck with gas.  That's all I got....

Thanks. I'm guessing if Stihl batteries aren't very good the rest are about the same in my impression.

Jim
Jim
About 4 years ago I stopped at our local Stihl dealer where the owner is a friend of mine of 42 years .
I was interested in the string trimmer for our yard of basic easy trimming, he did let me know the battery lasted only about 12-14 minutes and I once again surely appreciated his honesty.
I bought the Husquvarna battery powered string trimmer and am 100% satisfied with it .
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Husqvarna seems to have a better battery reputation than Stihl.

I'm not sure for blower/weed eater and the like you aren't better off using what you have for cordless tools if you have a good brand like Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita, etc...
I have the Milwaukee M18 leaf blower and the older single function trimmer, as well as about 20 other tools and lights on that battery platform. I use the blower a couple hours a week blowing dust and dirt out of equipment at work. In 5 or 6 years, I’ve had one battery fail and that was fairly recently. I do use the bigger 8 and 9 Ah batteries on those tools mostly. No complaints about run time or performance.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Thanks everyone. A lot of useful information here.

Jim
Jim
I'm in pretty deep on the Makita 18v platform.  Trimmer, blower, sawzalll, drill, driver, worklight, grinder.  Probably a chainsaw coming soon.

I like it a lot.  Some tools take a pair of 18v batteries to provide 36 volts, some are content with one.  But I always have some on the chargers ready to go to power whatever tool I need.

My suggestion is to pick a brand you like for your most used tools, and stick with it.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(02-03-2022, 09:38 AM)FireWood Wrote: I'm in pretty deep on the Makita 18v platform.  Trimmer, blower, sawzalll, drill, driver, worklight, grinder.  Probably a chainsaw coming soon.

I like it a lot.  Some tools take a pair of 18v batteries to provide 36 volts, some are content with one.  But I always have some on the chargers ready to go to power whatever tool I need.

My suggestion is to pick a brand you like for your most used tools, and stick with it.

I have Kobalt and Ego. Both are good products,but the Ego batteries have given me some trouble.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I have an EGO hedge trimmer.  It's two years old now and it continues to amaze me with how much power and battery life it has.  I've cut hedges and light brush for an hour with it and it's still going strong.  I would buy a blower from them if I could find one.  

John