Hope Chest Completed
Beatiful proect and thanks for showimg us.
I like everything about this one, especially the top! The curved rails really lighten the look and draw the eye to the curly panels.

Well done!
(12-25-2021, 06:36 PM)KC Wrote: Not generally a fan of mixed species, but that's a great combination.  Beautiful work.  
Yes

This is the first large piece I've done with this combination.  I'm starting to like it.  Before this, the closest I got was oak with maple drawer boxes and inlays.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(12-25-2021, 11:37 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Beautiful piece!
Great photo shoot!!!!

Thanks.

I got some tips from Fred for the photos, primarily getting the right with the white balance settings to compensate for the color temp of the shop lights.
(12-26-2021, 05:55 AM)R Clark Wrote: Gorgeous!  It looks big but also looks light with the proportions you've used.

It's about 42" wide, but does look bigger in the pictures.  I put it up on a platform for the pictures.  I do like that it's taller so it will hold more but still stay out of the way.  The client (my sister in law) wanted these rough dimensions, but left the rest up to me.
(12-26-2021, 02:18 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I like everything about this one, especially the top! The curved rails really lighten the look and draw the eye to the curly panels.

Well done!

I saw a couple of pictures online that inspired me to make the rails curved.  It was a challenge to get those right, but the result was worth it.
Absolutely beautiful great work!
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
That's very nice work!!

I like it.  
Cool 
Cool
I have always liked the combination of walnut and maple. Always used the walnut like you did for the rails and stiles and the maple for the panels. Probably would look to busy if it was done the other way. Anyway the hope chest looks great and is one of the things that will probably outlast all of us. The subtle curve of the top front rails really sets this off. Great job!
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Well worth bringing this beautiful piece back to the front of the line for all to enjoy again.  That is just crazy nice, the wood, the design, the workmanship, and the subtle satin finish.  Outstanding.  

John