Hope Chest Completed
"I have always liked the combination of walnut and maple. Always used the walnut like you did for the rails and stiles and the maple for the panels. Probably would look to busy if it was done the other way."

I could see where a light piece with dark panels would look good, but I'm not really into that style. I was given free creative reign on this one. I will definitely make more pieces with maple and walnut in the future, especially with the deal I got on this load of curly maple.

"Anyway the hope chest looks great and is one of the things that will probably outlast all of us. The subtle curve of the top front rails really sets this off. Great job!"

Thanks! The curve was something I saw on another piece. It was not easy to get the curve exactly right, but was worth it.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
"Well worth bringing this beautiful piece back to the front of the line for all to enjoy again. That is just crazy nice, the wood, the design, the workmanship, and the subtle satin finish. Outstanding."

Thanks!
Looks great. Very nice!
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

Good to see this one roll back around again! Beautiful!
Absolutely beautiful workmanship!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
BTW, Fred game me some good photography advice to correct for the terrible color temperature of the shop lighting. It helped the pictures turn out much better.
Beautiful.  Love the way the dark walnut seems to make the maple even brighter.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
gorgeous!!

(12-25-2021, 05:24 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: Got this one wrapped up a few days ago, just didn't get a chance to crop and resize pictures until last night.

That came out great!  Nice looking Hope Chest, I am sure someone will love it.