Something for pilot holes
Well, I was using one by "Hanson".....until them plastic gears started to slip....so, got out a little better drill...

Goodell Pratt Co. No. 329....

Made around 1917?  Solid wood handles, 2 Pinnons, single speed ( variable?  How fast can you crank?) Battery?   That would be my Diet Mountain Dew...

Question:   although the drill is a 1917 model....the chuck( also a G-P model) has an AUG 13, 1895 Patent date stamped on it?  Hmmm?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
https://www.datamp.org//patents/displayP...11&id=5982 Some information
What the Heck, Give it a Try
The double pinion just makes it more stable / smoother when drilling.  Looks like a No. 329 model.

https://oldtoolheaven.com/related/goodel...drills.htm
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I seem to "collect" Goodell Pratt Co. drills....Have the No. 185 (Punch is seen carrying around in their Logos)   That No. 329 eggbeater....a brace that uses a loop to switch between Forward-Locked-Reverse ( will have to look up the model number) and a Bit Breast drill (No. 477? I think?) and an attachment to use as a chain drill....they did make some decent tools...no wonder Millers Falls bought them out in 1930...

A look around?

There is a slightly larger drill bit in the Blue Stanley eggbeater( had some Brass to drill)  the other 3 were judged to be too large for the job...
Next..

Largest Braces I have is a 14" Stanley, and a 12" Pexto Samson....empty slot is where the No. 329 sits..

Rest of the mob....there are still 4, maybe 5 braces out & about....the eggbeater on the right (over by the two 6" braces) has a hollow wood handle, with a slide to open the end, so a drill bit can come out.  
Next?

Right hand door of the tool cabinet holds 4 drills..the largest one is a Millers Falls No. 2-01...

That be it, for now..
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that