Trex decking for cutting board?
Have some Trex composite smooth boards 14 inches wide and the color matches the kitchen countertop well.  Being that it is waterproof and nonabsorbent can I use it for cutting board?  Any ideas?
Regards,
Bill
I wouldn't use it because I think it won't stand up well to a knife and will look bad in short order.  I also don't like the exposed ends.  Try a small piece out for yourself before you comit.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
There are likely some chemicals in the Trex that are purposely out of plastics used for food contact. Yeah, it's fairly low risk, but a risk nonetheless. Also, since it's not smooth, you'll have trouble cleaning it well and easily.

I wouldn't use it.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Marcus Aurelius 
There are likely some chemicals in the Trex that are purposely out of plastics used for food contact. Yeah, it's fairly low risk, but a risk nonetheless. Also, since it's not smooth, you'll have trouble cleaning it well and easily.

I wouldn't use it.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Marcus Aurelius 
I don't know how "unsafe" it is if ingested.  I'll bet it would be very easy to get unwanted slivers of the stuff in food prepped on it.  Like the others, I'd find a different use for it.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
To be honest, given the construction of composite decking, it's likely very similar to HDPE cutting boards. There are many different types of cutting boards (wood and plastic) and the average composite deck board is made of a combination of most of them. 

I would imagine it would be far too soft for regular use, and it will accumulate deep scratches. Can't imagine the ends would look nice either.
Bill, DO NOT use the Trex decking for a cutting board! 
Plastic decking due to its use outdoors is heavily stabilized, in other words there are many additives, at fairly high levels, that are added to make sure that it lasts. Sunlight, and outside weather in general, are very harsh on plastic and without these additives the decking will not last very long. 
Plastic that is used for food contact applications, goes through rigorous testing (taking months if not longer), to make sure these additives do not migrate into the food. Plastic decking certainly is not tested in that way! In addition, the additives used in food contact applications must be approved for that use, those used for decks will not be.

Sorry for the long reply, but just wanted to explain why this is a bad idea.