Stanley No 5 Bench Plane - SOLD
Stanley # 5 jack plane. $59. This is a type 8, has no patent dates but with a high knob which is probably a replacement, if indeed it is a type 8. I could be completely wrong of course. I haven't purchased a Stanley bench plane in 20+ years... my Stanley type skills aren't what they used to be... actually type 11s are about all I can easily recognize at this juncture. 

If by some fluke you don't have several of these already, and would like to start your collection, this is a fabulous expample. Probably 90% of the original jappaning remains, the wood is solid, no cracks anywhere. This will make a very useful and versitile tool addition to your handtool arsenal.

You will be invoiced through my website to receive discounted a UPS rate. Any credit card is OK, PayPal is fine, no chickens please. PM me, or for a quicker response, email me at bobzajicek1@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! 

Bob Zajicek, owner
www.czeckedge.com

Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

(12-26-2021, 07:17 PM)Bob Zajicek Wrote: Stanley # 5 jack plane. $59. This is a type 8, has no patent dates but with a high knob which is probably a replacement, if indeed it is a type 8. I could be completely wrong of course. I haven't purchased a Stanley bench plane in 20+ years... my Stanley type skills aren't what they used to be... actually type 11s are about all I can easily recognize at this juncture. 

If by some fluke you don't have several of these already, and would like to start your collection, this is a fabulous expample. Probably 90% of the original jappaning remains, the wood is solid, no cracks anywhere. This will make a very useful and versitile tool addition to your handtool arsenal.

You will be invoiced through my website to receive discounted a UPS rate. Any credit card is OK, PayPal is fine, no chickens please. PM me, or for a quicker response, email me at bobzajicek1@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! 

Bob Zajicek, owner
www.czeckedge.com

I just picked up a Stanley / Bailey #5 at an antique shop yesterday. Except for surface rust (looks like it was in a damp basement) it's in good shape, no handle breaks, etc. My casting side walls seem heavier than the one in your picture. BTW, paid $15.00 for mine, of course, it needs to be restored.
(12-27-2021, 12:41 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: I just picked up a Stanley / Bailey #5 at an antique shop yesterday. Except for surface rust (looks like it was in a damp basement) it's in good shape, no handle breaks, etc. My casting side walls seem heavier than the one in your picture. BTW, paid $15.00 for mine, of course, it needs to be restored.

If you check the date on the blade (assuming that it is original), you will likely find the the new-to-you plane was made during WW2.

Sounds like you probable got a good deal (depending on what you find under the rust and during restoration/cleanup).

That said, the deal that Bob is offering is exceptional. I just do not have room for another #5 in my tills, but I am still being tempted.

Someone please save me from this temptation.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I agree. That’s a nice old plane and a great price in all reality. The days of $25 for a nice old Stanley plane are over. I wouldn’t hesitate to spend $60 on this plane if I were in the market. Another consideration…there won’t be any bad surprises. Buying from the auction house is almost always a crap shoot.

Don't see pre-ww2 $59 #5s too often. That's about what I paid for mine 10 years ago and I felt like I stole it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(12-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Don't see pre-ww2 $59 #5s too often. That's about what I paid for mine 10 years ago and I felt like I stole it.

Someone just did... finally. Thought that would be gone in hours, but it took several days. Good news, same person snagged that #5 1/2 with the Hock iron. Another trip to UPS but glad I don't have to make two! 

Cheers, Bob
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

(12-29-2021, 11:56 AM)Bob Zajicek Wrote: Someone just did... finally.

Cool My thanks to the buyer for removing that temptation from my life.
Smile

"I can resist anything except temptation."
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(12-29-2021, 03:13 PM)iclark Wrote:
Cool My thanks to the buyer for removing that temptation from my life.
Smile

"I can resist anything except temptation."
Winkgrin

LOL, me too. I don't really NEED two but still very tempting.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I saw that this had sold.
Cool  
Repeating Kansas City Fireslayer's comments, this went cheap, and I wouldn't ever hesititate buying from Bob.