How To secure dust catcher liner?
(01-01-2022, 12:33 PM)ed kerns Wrote:
I bought a used Oneida cyclone system some years ago sort of as a basket case, a bunch of parts, ducting ...etc..  Among the parts was a small vacuum pump that I later learned was used to keep a trash liner sucked into the fiber pac barrel. I swapped out the original drum to use a 55 gal drum and didn't use a liner, so didn't need the vacuum pump. Unfortunately, I gave the pump away to someone who did need it, but I think Oneida still offers the part

I use the vacuum pump from Oneida as Ed mentioned.  55 gallon barrel, liner draped over the top of barrel, and pump kicks on when the dust collector starts.  Never had an issue with a bag getting sucked up in the cyclone.

As a matter of fact, I just installed a new HEPA filter and I have to keep at least two gates open because it will suck the empty barrel up tight against the bottom of cyclone when it is empty.  But, the bag never gets sucked up due to the pump inside keeping the bag secured.

Works well!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV