Safe edge wood file
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a flat file, single cut on one side and double cut on the other and with two safe edges to allow filing a surface right up to a 90 degree "wall" without any damage done by the edge. Does anyone know of a source for such a file. I did find a source for one double-sided flat file with one safe edge, but not two.
Grind the teeth off the sides.

Fine tuning mitred dovetails ...

[Image: EntryHallTableForANiece3_html_3b0f734d.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
You can find a file and modify it as Derek suggested or search for a side float.

You may have better luck searching for 2 files: one for each pattern that you want.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thumbs Up 
Or, if you don't have a grinder, make a sanding stick: thin piece of hardwood the width you want, with sandpaper of the grit you want glued on with spray adhesive.  You could make as many sticks/grits in as many widths as you need for the work you're doing.
(12-29-2021, 08:35 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: I've been trying unsuccessfully to find a flat file, single cut on one side and double cut on the other and with two safe edges to allow filing a surface right up to a 90 degree "wall" without any damage done by the edge. Does anyone know of a source for such a file. I did find a source for one double-sided flat file with one safe edge, but not two.

I've been using the Auriou "Albi" 11/14 grain rasp to accomplish this task: two safe edges: very impressive results.

[Image: Auriou-G010026-Albi-Combination-Rasps__9...29.jpg?c=2]
These files offered by Highland Woodworking have safe edges.  They are Japanese.  They are really floats, but the extreme fine ones can do a pretty good job of tuning up joinery.

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/blog5/iwasaki3.html
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-31-2021, 10:18 AM)AHill Wrote: These files offered by Highland Woodworking have safe edges.  They are Japanese.  They are really floats, but the extreme fine ones can do a pretty good job of tuning up joinery.

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/blog5/iwasaki3.html

Many thanks, that looks like precisely what I'd been looking for.
(12-31-2021, 09:11 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: I've been using the Auriou "Albi" 11/14 grain rasp to accomplish this task: two safe edges: very impressive results.

thank  you for your reply, that looks like it might be an option