Unisaw ON\OFF Switch - Picture
After you glue it back together, make yourself a knee-paddle 'off' button with a finger hole for the 'on' button.  It will make it easier to turn the saw off, including with your leg, and it will hide the glued up cover.  You could even make small sides to fully block the view of the mangled cover. 

Many folks have retrofitted their OEM motor control with a large paddle to turn the saw off.  This may be a good impetus to make the saw safer to use.  
Big Grin
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-07-2022, 11:16 AM)TDKPE Wrote: After you glue it back together, make yourself a knee-paddle 'off' button with a finger hole for the 'on' button.  It will make it easier to turn the saw off, including with your leg, and it will hide the glued up cover.  You could even make small sides to fully block the view of the mangled cover. 

Many folks have retrofitted their OEM motor control with a large paddle to turn the saw off.  This may be a good impetus to make the saw safer to use.  
Big Grin

Great point...did so on both my table saws. The safety switches are very reasonable at Grizzly, not to mention the plethora of DIY versions on YT...and quite easy to install (at least my saws cooperated with me nicely)