Unisaw ON\OFF Switch - Picture
I was carrying my shopvac near my Unisaw and the shopvac bumped into the ON\Off switch and I bumped the ON\Off switch and broke it. I was pretty pissed and I was able to tape it back on but it looks terrible. I could try gluing it on but I would rather get a replacement switch.

Here is a link to it:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/starte...84464.html

Part Number:438013170154

It is discontinued. Anyone know an alternate supplier?

Thanks, Bill
If your saw is 3 HP it must have a magnetic starter in addition to that switch, no?  That's another way of asking if the switch is just a simple switch?  If so, any switch capable of carrying 15 amps would work fine as long as you can mount it. 

John
That Unisaw mag switch is a cheap import and a similar replacement can be had for around $75. I think you'll probably have difficulty finding the OEM switch as Delta parts have vanished. It won't be OEM and you'll need to rig something up to mount it but something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-71443-Si...B08GWS98GP
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Have you looked at Grizzly for a replacement switch? I remember seeing some 220v on / off switches.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
If it is just the plastic part that is broken, I would try and fix it with some type of epoxy based glue. I had one on a new unisaw probably 20 years ago or more, was broken from the gitgo and they gave me a new one. This was back in the day when delta was a highly regarded brand with great customer service. I kept the switch and fixed the broken plastic and it is still in use today with my old Delta RAS, it powers up the VFD. Yes you can replace it with something new and imported but its a tool and pretty isnt something I worry about with power tools. YMMV
Search (grizzly.com)
Here's the Grizzly page, you should be able to find a replacement here.  Maybe not just a cover but the whole thing.  If you want just the cover you'll need to look for a used one in all likelyhood.

In my case I have 3 machines I made a metal shield that fits along side the starter switch to prevent them from getting damage is something gets too close.  Simple L shaped piece of steel that mounts to the back and protects it from the side.  It was just some scrap metal I had left over and was able to protect all the starter switches along with the reversing switch on the shaper.  I think you'll get the idea.

(12-31-2021, 10:30 AM)bpatters69 Wrote: I was carrying my shopvac near my Unisaw and the shopvac bumped into the ON\Off switch and I bumped the ON\Off switch and broke it. I was pretty pissed and I was able to tape it back on but it looks terrible. I could try gluing it on but I would rather get a replacement switch.

Here is a link to it:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/starte...84464.html

Part Number:438013170154

It is discontinued. Anyone know an alternate supplier?

Thanks, Bill
Our local Ace hardware carries 2 barrel syringes with epoxy especially for plastic. The stuff seems to work pretty well. The replacement motor starters have relays and overload protection. Does your broken switch include overload protection? If not there's probably another box with overload protection. I guess there would be no harm in having two overload protection circuits in series if it came to that but I'm no expert.

Something else to consider. I moved the starter on my G1023 and was able to mount it in such a way that I can use my leg to push the 'off' switch. That has proven handy more than once.
The replacement part (no longer available) shows it as the little line-voltage magnetic control, which had OL protection for the motor.  If you can’t fix it, and can’t find a used replacement on eBay or wherever, you can replace it with one from Grizzly.  240V single-phase, but ignore the HP rating and go for the current range, which would include the 12.4A of the 3 HP Unisaw motor of that vintage.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Thanks guys. I may just get some expoxy to see if I can fix it. You gave me some great alternatives too.
Take the switch to your local electric supply house and they might be able to find something better.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)