Bessey Revo Clamp Handles
My collection of Revos spans about a decade. The latest ones have the hex bolt in the handle, which I like quite a bit. I've been searching around and you can't just buy the handle/screw, you have to buy the full head for $30/ea.

Has anyone been able to source just the handle/screw with the update or fashion some other way to make tightening/loosening the clamps easier?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
The joinery is the problem, not the clamp handle. There shouldn't be a need to use a socket wrench to tighten the clamp when a joint is properly made. The bessey clamp as designed exerts more than enough force for a wooden joint. If your need is to have a better purchase on the handle, try hockey tape.

Simon
Just simple edge joints. The joints have been fine, but I thought it might be an easier way to crank down on the handle.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Rockler used to have a foam grip that slipped on the Bessey wooden handles.  That really improved the grip.
My older ones (with the red slippery wood handles) all have either the Rockler foam grip or some friction tape wrapped around them.  I agree the newer handles would be nice to have on all the clamps, but like you said...it ain't easy or cheap to do.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The joinery is the problem, not the clamp handle. There shouldn't be a need to use a socket wrench to tighten the clamp when a joint is properly made. The bessey clamp as designed exerts more than enough force for a wooden joint. If your need is to have a better purchase on the handle, try hockey tape.

Simon

I hate to admit it, but I agree with Simon. Even the least expensive Bessey clamps should be able to apply enough pressure

Tom
Joinery is key, I agree. There are times though, that you need to tighten/loosen, etc and they just don't
want to cooperate. Arthritic hands, or whatever.

I have a scrap of non slip tool drawer liner that I keep near the clamp storage rack. Adaptable for every
clamp/situation.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(01-01-2022, 11:27 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Joinery is key, I agree.  There are times though, that you need to tighten/loosen, etc and they just don't
want to cooperate.  Arthritic hands, or whatever.

I have a scrap of non slip tool drawer liner that I keep near the clamp storage rack. Adaptable for every
clamp/situation.

I agree with that also. I have arthritics in my thumbs. I use the drawer liners myself especially on my wood only K clamps.  But I am not sure if that amounts to more clamping pressure or getting the clamping pressure one used to be able to get. There seems to be a thin line between getting enough clamping and starving a glue joint because of clamping pressure.

Tom
(12-31-2021, 07:48 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: My collection of Revos spans about a decade. The latest ones have the hex bolt in the handle, which I like quite a bit. I've been searching around and you can't just buy the handle/screw, you have to buy the full head for $30/ea.

Has anyone been able to source just the handle/screw with the update or fashion some other way to make tightening/loosening the clamps easier?

Wrap the handles in hockey tape. 

https://www.amazon.com/Renfrew-Cloth-Hoc...192&sr=8-3

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(01-01-2022, 10:09 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Wrap the handles in hockey tape. 

https://www.amazon.com/Renfrew-Cloth-Hoc...192&sr=8-3

Right.   And watch this two minute 'spin the tape' method for even better grip.