Resin/epoxy recomendation
I am currently building a small table that i have inlayed some coins and small trinkets in the top for my wife. I would like to fill the inlays with an resin/epoxy to level out the top as they all sit just below surface height. Recomendations? Thanks
(01-05-2022, 02:09 PM)chizlr40 Wrote: I am currently building a small table that i have inlayed some coins and small trinkets in the top for my wife. I would like to fill the inlays with an resin/epoxy to level out the top as they all sit just below surface height. Recomendations? Thanks

I have used several and not seen any appreciable difference between them. Keep in mind there are three different types of epoxies used for this - table top, which is generally for 1/8" to 1/4" maximum depth, deep pour, which usually means no more than 2", and then extra deep pour (or some other superlative) that will go to 4" and beyond. The deeper you can pour, the thinner it tends to be and the longer it will take to cure. Though again the cure time is highly dependent on depth, and thin pours of "deep pour" might be fully cured in 24 hours even though the bottle says 72.
Thanks just what i needed. I saw some at the local hardware store but couldnt find anyone who knew more than me,which is nothing