2022 Grizzly Catalog
I always thought woodworking was a somewhat expensive hobby, but the price increases will certainly deter interested people from taking this hobby up. I'm sure prices for used power tools will increase as well.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
A club member has just snatched a bridge city center scribe (3rd gen. made in China) at almost 50% off. The offer is still available but many avoid bridge city after its production is no longer in the States. I think the sale is related to overstocking. Last year or may be the year before, I also saw sale on the chopstick gadgets (really? woodworkers paying that much to make chopsticks?!!!!)

Simon
I made a similar post about this in the basement. I feel sorry for new woodworkers. This has become a rich man's pastime if you want to play with the better higher end tools. I haven't really started turning yet, but I'm kicking myself for not buying a PM3520 years back. Contemplating a Laguna instead but those have gotten pricey too. Sheesh.
In 2002 I bought a new General International contractors saw for $650. Their 6” long bed jointer for about $550 and the 17” drill press for $350. They also gave me 10% off my whole purchase. That was a lot of money for me back then. Those are the only stationary machines I’ve ever bought new once I discovered all of the used machinery bargains between then and now. Online advertising and marketing seemed to be hitting mainstream about this time.

Hopefully we don’t look back on this time as the used tool renaissance!

I believe the smaller fence 3 HP Grizz cabinet saw was $795 back then. That might have been right tilt however. A friend of mine bought some new Grizz machinery in 2019 and it’s a good thing he did.

(02-09-2022, 08:42 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I believe the smaller fence 3 HP Grizz cabinet saw was $795 back then.  

That sounds about right, because I was heavily debating getting one of those back in the day. And that was a mint in my world way back then.