2022 Grizzly Catalog
Somehow, my cynical bone is tingling.

Yes, no doubt that inflation and world conditions have driven costs up, way up.  

But the marketing and merchandising gurus are also plying their trades within Grizzly's headquarters, I'm sure.  A high price in the catalog provides plenty of opportunity to post "sale" prices online that are only a "little" above the 2021 prices.

If a company has a hot product line, then they're going to feel pressure to take advantage of that demand while it's there.  If they're selling everything at a brisk clip, they will price the product accordingly.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
OK, color me dumb but what word did Meakerman use that was so bad it had to be starred out? I am going to try a few that fit and see if one gets starred out. ship content boat machines containers stuff things tools what???
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
ok, so the word is ship or so anyone else can read it i will expand the word- s h i p
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(01-08-2022, 09:21 AM)KyleD Wrote: OK, color me dumb but what word did Meakerman use that was so bad it had to be starred out? I am going to try a few that fit and see if one gets starred out. ***** content boat machines containers stuff things tools what???

(01-08-2022, 09:22 AM)KyleD Wrote: ok, so the word is ***** or so anyone else can read it i will expand the word- s h i p

The "bad word nanny" is an automated "feature" of the forum software.  It has been the subject of more than a few discussions in the off topic forum.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I've also seen some of the price increases and delivery delays lately, unbelievable!  There are a few deals out there but they are few and far between, but you have be there at the right time with money to spend at the moment.  Even parts overall have gone through the roof.
All the more reason to find good used equipment that will suit your needs. I know that values have gone up everywhere, but at least in my experience, dealing with individual sellers is more palatable than these over-the-top inflated prices from suppliers.

I have two Shop Fox stationary tools I bought new several years ago from Grizzly. Great tools and am very glad I'm not buying them now.

Doug
Is this happening to festool as well? Haven't checked prices for machinery because I have enough machines.

Somewhere I saw a post about harvey tools (made in China), and they were dropping some prices.

Gas price is going up too...,,, and if war breaks out in Europe, we should expect more price increases on everything.

Simon
It's happening with anything that has to go into a shipping container.  It's worse when it's less of something.  If you can fit 10 tablesaw then you can add $500 to $1000 each easily.

If you have a pile of festool ts55 you can divide that extra over maybe 200 tools instead of 10.  And if they are small electronics it may e be 1000's of items to spread the cost over.

Like Lumberyard I really feel for people who want I to the hobby.  Most everything machinery wise I have right now has doubled or tripled in price.
(02-07-2022, 10:18 PM)mongo Wrote: It's happening with anything that has to go into a shipping container.  It's worse when it's less of something.  If you can fit 10 tablesaw then you can add $500 to $1000 each easily.

If you have a pile of festool ts55 you can divide that extra over maybe 200 tools instead of 10.  And if they are small electronics it may e be 1000's of items to spread the cost over.

Like Lumberyard I really feel for people who want I to the hobby.  Most everything machinery wise I have right now has doubled or tripled in price.

"A rising tide lifts all boats."  I think it's happening across the land, not just stuff that has to be shipped in containers.

Cost of raw materials is up, way up.  Prices at my hardwood dealer (they mill logs on site) is way up; walnut is over $10/bd ft, poplar is up by 30%.  

+1 on the feeling that I'm glad I'm not in the market for any machines.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
It's not just Grizzly. I bought my Powermatic PM2000 brand new in 2009 for $2000. Woodcraft has it now for $4889. Even with inflation, that's insane. For comparison, a SawStop is a bargain at $3464. (all references were 3HP, 220V, 50" fence models)
Still Learning,

Allan Hill