What brand double sided tape?
This may seem silly, but what kind of double sided tape do you all use?   I use it to tape templates down rather than clamps....I had some nice carpet tape, ran out...bought several types of replacements and they were terrible.   Biggest problems: too thick or they were difficult to get off of the piece when done.   There was a lot of residue left.    Does anyone have a preference?
I have used the MLCS brand with good success.
I have used the MLCS brand with good success.
Type "double tape" on Lee Valley Tools website. Thin or thick for you to choose. The thick ones are very strong.

Simon
I've used this pone quite a lot. Works great for template mounting.

fastening tape | McMaster-Carr
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have had really good results with this product:

Intertape 591 Premium Double Sided Golf Grip Tape, 2” x 36 yd. Available thru Amazon or Shapertools.com

I use it for holding down materials for my Shaper Origin (handheld CNC) and it is what Shapertools.com sells on their website.  It holds really well, but can release without lifting wood fibers.  Doesn’t creep or feel rubbery like some DS tapes I’ve used in the past.

Dave
3M 401M is the best I've used but it's expensive now beyond all reasonableness. I'd go with one of the choices from a turner supply like LV, Packard Woodworks, Craft Supplies USA......or one of the suggestions above.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-08-2022, 11:48 PM)djcook50 Wrote: I have had really good results with this product:

Intertape 591 Premium Double Sided Golf Grip Tape, 2” x 36 yd. Available thru Amazon or Shapertools.com

I use it for holding down materials for my Shaper Origin (handheld CNC) and it is what Shapertools.com sells on their website.  It holds really well, but can release without lifting wood fibers.  Doesn’t creep or feel rubbery like some DS tapes I’ve used in the past.

Dave

This.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I have an adhesive transfer tape gun with regular and high strength adhesives. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp9qvLBtAKo

You can also get this in widths for manual application.  It applies just the adhesive with no tape carrier.  It is widely used in the picture framing business and is very handy and fast to use.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/c/tapes/bo...-transfer/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
X Tape works very good.