Hanging Pictures on Inclined Ceiling
Part of my office is the sloped ceiling under the roof rafters.  I'd like to use that space for pictures.   I'm hoping there's a better solution than buying keyhole hangers.  I hate those with a passion but can't think of an easier solution.  I don't want to use adhesives or velcro.

You have eliminated probably one of the best cheapest solutions. I can't think of another.
(01-16-2022, 04:39 PM)Willyou Wrote: You have eliminated probably one of the best cheapest solutions. I can't think of another.

Other than what you said you did not want all I can think of is a framing nailer.  What is wrong about the other options ?    Roly
There’s nothing wrong with keyhole hangers other than I don’t like using them; they’re the best solution that I know of. I was hoping someone had a solution I didn’t know of.

Heavy Duty Velcro strips
How heavy? Command strips/velcro?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I'm going to go with the keyhole hangers. Patching small screw holes whenever I take the pictures down is easier than patching large areas that peel off after the adhesive is removed.

I suppose that you could make a pair of french cleats; the top one pointing up as normal and the bottom one pointing down. Then slide your picture onto them from the side. This would probably work better with rabbets rather than angled cuts. I can't see how this would be better than keyhole hangers, however. You might also do the same thing with deeper rabbets both pointing up. This might work if the slope is not too steep.
As I write the above, it occurs to me that you could hang them more or less normally with small screw eyes in the wall and matching hooks on the frame. Then use two screw eyes at the bottom; one in the wall and one one the frame. Then run a hairpin clip or similar through both to hold the bottom against the wall.
I suppose that you could make a pair of french cleats; the top one pointing up as normal and the bottom one pointing down. Then slide your picture onto them from the side. This would probably work better with rabbets rather than angled cuts. I can't see how this would be better than keyhole hangers, however. You might also do the same thing with deeper rabbets both pointing up. This might work if the slope is not too steep.
As I write the above, it occurs to me that you could hang them more or less normally with small screw eyes in the wall and matching hooks on the frame. Then use two screw eyes at the bottom; one in the wall and one one the frame. Then run a hairpin clip or similar through both to hold the bottom against the wall. Of course, if the first ones are near the vertical center, the bottom one probably would not be needed.
When I had my picture framing shop we used to use security hangers for situations where either theft or accidents may make the framed pieces vulnerable.  They would work for your situation too.

This video shows how the hangers work, but they should be connected directly to the molding at the top and the bottom of the frame, not as shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMS0nwkCuh8

We used to pay about $3.00 per set, but that was 20 years ago, so expect it to be about $5.00 per set.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.