Saw Stop bypass
Question. How often do you run your Saw Stop in bypass mode.  Or, when would you run in bypass. Seems any glue ups or staining makes me want to run in bypass.
I've only run in bypass when cutting pressure treated material. Don't remember cutting any stained material. I doubt glue would matter if it is dry.

Doug
I've only used bypass mode a handful of times over the past ten years.  Like Doug, I only used bypass mode when cutting PT material, and even then, only when noticeably wet.

I've never been concerned about wood staining or glue ups (glue joints?) triggering a blade brake.  I can't imagine a scenario where stains or glue joints would cause the electrical disruption necessary to trigger the blade brake.

If you're concerned that a workpiece could trigger the blade brake, you can test that without harming you, your workpiece, or the saw.  As outlined in the User's Manual, turn the master switch "ON".  With the saw switched on, but NOT running (red paddle in OFF position), press the workpiece against the side of the stationary blade.  Continue to hold the workpiece, but don't touch the blade with your finger(s).  If the workpiece is conductive, the red light by the master switch will flash.  Again, this is outlined in the User's Manual.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
What they ^^^^^ said. I think I've only used it once or twice. If you're suspicious of a material, do as Ray said...with the saw energized (green light on) but not running, touch the workpiece to the blade. If it's a bad idea the red light will start flashing.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Like the others, very rarely.  I think the last time was to cut some foil backed rigid insulation, not sure I needed to , but wanted to avoid an accidental trip.
Only one time to fix a mistake. I had to rip a glue line while the glue wasn't cured 100% (may be after half an hour of the glue up). No way to test otherwise.....so better be safe.

Simon
I also don't think stain would make a difference since it is made up of oil. Maybe I'm missing something?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
In over a decade, I've never used bypass mode. Of the things mentioned, only the foil backed insulation would need it. But you can check as described by Fred Harris above.