Rigid TS2424 Riving Knife
I'm wondering if anyone has attached a true riving knife (moves up and down with the blade) to a Rigid TS2424.  This saw is new to me.  My old saw had a true riving knife.   I didn't find much online for one.

I've never heard of an after market true riving knife for the TS2424.
I couldn't find one either. I was hoping someone had designed one. Usually anything I think of somebody else already has. Solomon was right.

(01-19-2022, 09:10 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I couldn't find one either.  I was hoping someone had designed one.  Usually anything I think of somebody else already has.  Solomon was right.

I think most people were putting Shark guards on them because that was the best option.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Yeah. I looked at the Shark Guard. However it attaches where the stock blade guard does and doesn't travel with the blade, so still has to be removed for non-through cuts that are shorter than it.

(01-20-2022, 11:46 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Yeah.  I looked at the Shark Guard.  However it attaches where the stock blade guard does and doesn't travel with the blade, so still has to be removed for non-through cuts that are shorter than it.

Sorry to crush your dreams , but that saw will not accomdate a rivivng knife.  
No     

Forget about it and get to cutting wood.

If you want/need a saw with a riving knife, your best bet is to sell this one and get one that has.
I had one for a few years. I was not without it's shortcomings, but I liked it quite a bit.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
If you can add and remove your splitter quickly and easily, it provides pretty much the same utility as a riving knife -- if you use it.

I'd work on that.
I had a 2424 for many years and got a lot of mileage out of it.  I used the stock blade guard/splitter as much as I could.  Kind of a pain to remove or reinstall, but I always remind myself that it doesn't cost extra to use the safety equipment.  I think the Microjig splitters were a popular alternative for this saw - install on the throat plate and look easy to remove or replace as needed.

[Image: 5f4d75d8c48538ea6fbc215a_mj-hl.jpg]