need ideas-coat tree from birch trunk/branches
I have the remains of a clump birch that we had in our front yard until it go diseased and died.  It was only about 15' tall so not very large.  Anyways I want to make a rustic free standing coat rack out of some of it.  I saw a picture years ago of one but I have no idea what to do for a base.  Anybody got any good ideas?  I'm guessing I should try to keep with the theme and make it rustic.  I just don't have any good ideas.

Thanks for the creativity.
Not sure what kind of rustic you want. Seems to be lots of variations of rustic lately. I see a lot of rustic type elements mixed with things like hand forged iron and the like. Is that the kind of thing you are thinking?
Cut a tenon on the end of the trunk to fit into a cross piece. Tenon that too, to add a cross piece to prop it up. Mine had a curve in the trunk so that's all it needed, but you can make it steadier by adding more.

All parts were from the same tree, and tapered holes and tenons were used.