Amana
I had business in Iowa City on last Tuesday. We made arrangements to meet some old friend, that live down there, to meet us for lunch. As we were just getting to Amana I mentioned a couple of different families, that I thought it would be nice to invite to Handworks on Sept 2nd and 3rd.

My wife picked up a 2022 Visitors Guide. She was looking to see if, and when a different craft show was going on. Evidently that show no longer exists, but she did find Handworks as a planned event in the book. Which means that it is still a scheduled event. At least at the time of the printing. 

I thought I would mention that the  old Woolen Mill, that is walking walking distant of Festal Barn and maybe a 1/2 block from the furniture factory, has been converted into a premier hotel. The web address is HOTELMILLWRIGHT.Com  I mention this because it is a 65 room Hotel and Hotel spaces are in the area somewhat limited at least for this event.

On a personal note, I live about two hours away so I have been to every year that it has been held. Since Amana can be considered somewhat of a tourist town I wanted to say that there is plenty of things for the wife to see if you have never been  there.

I wrote this just to remind you that it is still planed for sept. Handworks maybe worth putting on your calendar.  

Tom
Website agrees with you: https://handworks.co/

I'm always thinking of going one of these years, but its a 17 hour ride from NJ . . . . I guess i could stop for the night in Indy . . . but I'll have to see how the covid thing is going first before making any decision as my bride is at significant risk if I somehow infect her with it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The show has been cancelled twice and both times at just a couple of months before the show dates. Re-registrations haven't started yet, so it's too early to know for sure how the pandemic will unfold and affect events. I think participants aren't the issue but vendors might decide if they would be part of it. They might wait a few more months before making any commitment.

Simon
(01-21-2022, 01:37 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The show has been cancelled twice and both times at just a couple of months before the show dates. Re-registrations haven't started yet, so it's too early to know  for sure how the pandemic will unfold and affect events. I think participants aren't the issue but vendors might decide if they would be part of it. They might wait a few more months before making any commitment.

Simon

Yes, I understand all of this, but all I said is that it is in the 2022 visitors guide.  So at this point it is still a scheduled event. All it is for me is a 2 hour drive, so I do not have to lay aside any money for this event other than money set aside for purchases possibility's. If I were considering coming to the event and needed to make any arrangements then I would perhaps start planning for it now rather than later. Also planning and making commitments are two differ animals. I have, however penciled in Sept 2 and 3 on the calendar.

For those who have been to the show in the past, I thought I would mention that there 200 or so,  more rooms available than were the last time. Rooms that are available for the number of those attending are somewhat limited in Amana. Rooms are not a problem if one wishes to drive a half an hour. 

All this is, so that one would keep the show in his or her radar. Nothing more.

Tom
The Amana's have some nice B&B's also.  I enjoy staying in one every time we are down there.  That from someone that used to live in CR.
The website has no more dates other than 2020 has been postponed. I wonder if the show has any change of plan, now that we're only 5 months away from Sept.

Fauci is saying a Covid surge in the fall is likely. A bit of added uncertainty for the organizer and vendors.

Simon
(04-08-2022, 12:09 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The website has no more dates other than 2020 has been postponed. I wonder if the show has any change of plan, now that we're only 5 months away from Sept.

Fauci is saying a Covid surge in the fall is likely. A bit of added uncertainty for the organizer and vendors.

Simon

Fauci's predictions are worst than any weatherman's.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I never see his statements as predictions but warnings. An ounce of precaution when human lives are at stake shouldnt be too much to ask, isnt it? If I were one of the overseas vendors going into the Handworks, I wanted to be sure my flight booking was cancellable without penalty.

Simon
(04-08-2022, 10:23 AM)AHill Wrote: Fauci's predictions are worst than any weatherman's.

Well, he is a public health scientist and follows the science, which depends on data, and data changes.  We find out more and more about this as the time passes and variants come and go.  I think he is doing his best to provide advice, not predictions.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Iowa is a red (free) state, cant see them canceling the show. I would be more worried about the cost of fuel and soaring inflation having an affect on the show more than anything else.