Amana
Red or blue, I am not seeing any dates (previously Sept 2 and 3 2022) on the handworks site nor any re registration info. If by the end of May there is still nothing, it's a non event for me. My travels are planned months ahead. Fuel costs are less an issue for me with my econ car.

Simon
We received this update from The Abrahams a month ago:

Dear All,

Handworks....2020...2021...2022...

After much consideration we have decided to delay Handworks once a again.  We wish we could say that plans for 2022 were going to proceed but at this time we don't feel it would be prudent.

We are tentatively moving Handworks to Labor Day weekend 2023 but this can't be set for certain until early next Spring.  

We want to assure everyone that we are as eager as ever to have another Handworks, our plan, barring anything unforeseen, is to make 2023 a real reunion.  If all goes to plan it will have been 6 years since we were all together, that should make for quite a gathering.

The website will be updated within the next week or so.

Having formed Handworks as an impromptu event, consisting of people we had grown to know and appreciate, we hope that you all will be patient with our decision and continue to support this event, attend, and help us make it what it can only be with everyone doing their part.  As we iterated last year, though this decision is difficult, we're happy to hold back a bit in the spirit of doing the right thing for both the vendors and the attendees. 

Hopefully next year will bring a new dawn not only to this event but to everyone's perspective.

We'll be in touch sometime next Spring.

The Abrahams at Benchcrafted
Ron Hock
HOCK TOOLS
Thanks Ron for sharing the update. It will help some of us in figuring out our fall plans.

Simon
https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/317894

https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/317893

The organizer can do a better job of keeping people informed I suppose.

Simon
(04-13-2022, 07:11 PM)Ron Hock Wrote: We received this update from The Abrahams a month ago:

Dear All,

Handworks....2020...2021...2022...

After much consideration we have decided to delay Handworks once a again.  We wish we could say that plans for 2022 were going to proceed but at this time we don't feel it would be prudent.

We are tentatively moving Handworks to Labor Day weekend 2023 but this can't be set for certain until early next Spring.  

We want to assure everyone that we are as eager as ever to have another Handworks, our plan, barring anything unforeseen, is to make 2023 a real reunion.  If all goes to plan it will have been 6 years since we were all together, that should make for quite a gathering.

The website will be updated within the next week or so.

Having formed Handworks as an impromptu event, consisting of people we had grown to know and appreciate, we hope that you all will be patient with our decision and continue to support this event, attend, and help us make it what it can only be with everyone doing their part.  As we iterated last year, though this decision is difficult, we're happy to hold back a bit in the spirit of doing the right thing for both the vendors and the attendees. 

Hopefully next year will bring a new dawn not only to this event but to everyone's perspective.

We'll be in touch sometime next Spring.

The Abrahams at Benchcrafted

What exactly do all of these "words" mean, except the event will probably not take place until next year? Six years since the last one - what happened besides Covid?

Doug
I am not going to hold my breath anymore.

Tom
(04-26-2022, 01:24 PM)Tapper Wrote: What exactly do all of these "words" mean, except the event will probably not take place until next year? Six years since the last one - what happened besides Covid?

Doug

I signed up for 2020.  Then, when the Pandemic occurred, I rolled my registration to 2021.  Then, when they pushed it to 2022, I said, "OK, we'll see."

Now it's not happening until 2023.  

Some members on another forum are lamenting the loss of deposit money they had on hotels and such.  I don't know specifics, but one poster was talking about losing nearly $700 on a lost deposit for an Air B&B.

Curious line in their communication:  "Hopefully next year will bring a new dawn not only to this event but to everyone's perspective."  Not really an optimistic statement.  There's nothing in their communication that points to the Pandemic as the cause for the latest slip.  There are a couple of sentences that, taken together, seem to indicate their organizing team is having great difficulty.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Sorry to hear about the loss of deposit money. This "jumbled" statement is not informative or reassuring to anyone thinking about attending this event, IMO.

Doug
I am sorry to hear about people that are loosing money because of having to cancel commendations. There are more than enough rooms within a 20 -30 minute drive that I wouldn't make commendations more than a week in advance.

Stuff like this never helps future attendance.

Tom
(04-27-2022, 06:47 PM)R Clark Wrote: Some members on another forum are lamenting the loss of deposit money they had on hotels and such.  I don't know specifics, but one poster was talking about losing nearly $700 on a lost deposit for an Air B&B.

I would expect that this deposit could be negotiated to carry forward to the future date, and if not the corporate Air B&B should be contacted.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis