Something a bit different to try
(01-31-2022, 01:17 PM)bandit571 Wrote: have found the rim of the lid does a decent enough job of sealing things up.   Mallet to set the lid down tight, is usually enough.

We have done the same thing for 20 years in the military so the paint can go back inside the can and then set the lid back in place with a dead blow mallet.  That way paint will not seal the lid down either.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice looking box.  I might have to see if I can put one of those together.
Well...second is dry and rubbed out with 0000 steel wool.    Hinges were too "gappy" so they got flattened down, then re-installed...had to be careful just HOW I clamped the box...so things would stay lined up..

Mini-Bun feet were level to prevent any rocking going on..

Backside checked for gaps..

A black chain was added, to prevent the lid from tilting back too far..

Ends looking good...

And the view of the front, after the lid is closed..

May come back at a later date, and line the insides will some green felt?   For now, this little box is done...

As for the "Next Project"?  Well, there is this pile of Leftovers...longest one is 1/2" x 5-1/2" x 48"   All red oak, I think..

Well, maybe one board is Ash...

Might be either a lid, or a drawer front?

Stay tuned.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that