Reusing attachment images
Hi de ho,

So I want to use this image in another post, rather than reuploading it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38607]

When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

How do I make it show the image?

Thanks
chris
I love the sound of crickets in the evening.....
chris
(01-25-2022, 06:01 PM)doobes Wrote: I love the sound of crickets in the evening.....

I rarely venture out of the basement. 
Laugh

What I do: 
If I have the image in the browser, such as yours is above, I right-click the image and get a menu that includes "Open image in new tab" and "Copy image address" either of these will give me the URL of the image. Yours is https://forums.woodnet.net/attachment.php?aid=38607 

If it's an attachment that you want to reuse, when making a post there is a link [View My Attachments] near the bottom of the posting window that takes you to your attachments, where you can pick which one to use.

HTH
Smile    

- djb
Real trucks don't have spark plugs.

(01-23-2022, 11:00 AM)doobes Wrote: When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

I missed this, sounds like a different prollem than getting the URL for the pic... 
Raised

- djb
Real trucks don't have spark plugs.

(01-23-2022, 11:00 AM)doobes Wrote: Hi de ho,

So I want to use this image in another post, rather than reuploading it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38607]

When I insert the URL into the editor for a image insert, it displays the image, but once published it shows the link, like you see above.

Thanks

Well, I see the image on my screen.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
Yeah, this forum engine is just plain goofy.