Trestle table build thread
The top is now assembled, sanded, and stained.  Giving the stain a few days to cure before beginning the process of applying the finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Looking very good!
Tossed together a set of horses so I can apply finish to the top.  It's almost done!

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Second coat of oil poly.  I'll allow this to cure over night.  I'll scuff it tomorrow before work and put on another coat to cure during the day.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Fine job Brad
Yes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I vaguely(my memory is faulty) back when you were first starting. Asking questions and learning.

Seems you have talent and have developed it quite well!! Excellent work!
(04-25-2022, 02:19 PM)K. L. McReynolds Wrote: I vaguely(my memory is faulty) back when you were first starting. Asking questions and learning.

Seems you have talent and have developed it quite well!! Excellent work!

Oh yeah, that was me.  What feels like a *very* long time ago!

My only regret is that my woodworking has been very sporadic, so I've been learning (and forgetting) in fits and starts!  Thanks man, that makes me feel good.
Semper fi,
Brad

I just applied what I hope is the first of the two final coats of oil poly.  Just sanded down the 8th coat with 600 grit before applying.  Will rub this down with 0000 steel wool before applying the last. 

And then, of course, more if I have to.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

I finally delivered it today and the customer was ecstatic when she saw it assembled.  Lots of mistakes made and lessons learned.  If I build another it'll be a LOT faster.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Brad, that is a fine looking table!!!  You did a great job!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood