Powermatic 209HH 20" Planer - Columbus, IN ***SOLD***
PLANER IS SOLD

I'm in the process of upgrading my jointer and planer and unfortunately need to part with my PM planer.  

I did upgrade the cutting head to the Byrd helical head.  I have only rotated the cutters once which was just a few months so there are still 3 sharp edges left and honestly the first edge was cutting fine.

I have no intentions of shipping this beast so pick up is required in Columbus, IN

$4,500

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(01-24-2022, 02:33 PM)KLaz Wrote: I'm in the process of upgrading my jointer and planer and unfortunately need to part with my PM planer.  

I did upgrade the cutting head to the Byrd helical head.  I have only rotated the cutters once which was just a few months so there are still 3 sharp edges left and honestly the first edge was cutting fine.

I have no intentions of shipping this beast so pick up is required in Columbus, IN

$4,500

I had that beast and loved it. When I moved south it did not come. I think it liked the cold weather. I got more than what I paid for it. That was in 2015 in northeast PA. Great machine for whoever gets it.
That's a beast! Curious - what could you be possibly UPGRADING to??
(01-26-2022, 01:15 PM)Cian Wrote: That's a beast! Curious - what could you be possibly UPGRADING to??

Laugh
That's what I was wondering. I've got the 15" HH and my only regret was not spending the extra $750 (in 2009) to get the 20".
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(01-26-2022, 01:15 PM)Cian Wrote: That's a beast! Curious - what could you be possibly UPGRADING to??

Cian,

I've always wanted/needed a wider jointer so I decided on the Felder AD 941.  Never really used the full capacity of a 20" planer.  Usually about 80% planning multiple boards.

Needed to get rid of both machines to make room for the Felder.  Everything I've seen and read about it, I'm pretty excited about getting one.  Just have to wait six months for it 
Crazy
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Congrats on the sale and on the new Felder machine Kris! I'm jealous but also happy for you man
Smile
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(01-27-2022, 10:05 PM)alanealane Wrote: Congrats on the sale and on the new Felder machine Kris! I'm jealous but also happy for you man
Smile

Thanks!  Can't wait for August to get here!

Hope all is well!
As the proud new owner of this planer I wanted to say thanks to Kris. Its such a great step up for me, I wish I had upgraded years ago.
Good stuff................
(03-19-2022, 06:39 AM)Grove Basses Wrote: As the proud new owner of this planer I wanted to say thanks to Kris. Its such a great step up for me,  I wish I had upgraded years ago.

Glad you are enjoying the planer Scott!  I miss not having one at the moment!  4-5 more months.....
Sad