Bi-Fold Door Question
I am building a couple of Alder bi-fold doors. My plan is build the 1 door, 30 1/8" x 80", in 1 piece and then run it through the table saw to get 2 doors 15" wide. The center stile is 4 1/8" wide which will get hinges on the backside. With the design of the door, the bottom of the center stile sits on top of the bottom rail. The style of this door is a combination of craftsman and shaker.

Does this seem like the way to build this?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(01-24-2022, 03:06 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: I am building a couple of Alder bi-fold doors. My plan is build the 1 door, 30 1/8" x 80", in 1 piece and then run it through the table saw to get 2 doors 15" wide. The center stile is 4 1/8" wide which will get hinges on the backside. With the design of the door, the bottom of the center stile sits on top of the bottom rail. The style of this door is a combination of craftsman and shaker.

Does this seem like the way to build this?

I can see no advantage to making a 30" panel just to cut in in half.  Craftsman/Shaker also sounds to me like a more 'complicated' glue up, easier in two pieces.