Need help figuring out how to cut V shaped notches.
    I plan on building the Brian Boggs shave horse and am stumped how to cut these V shaped notches.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
By machine: a V groove router bit, a template and router guide bushing.
By hand: layout the profile and chisel.

Simon
Ah yes, thank you. It should have been obvious, just had a brain cramp I guess.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
If you have a 1/4" shaft router, the bits are fairly cheap--even from Whiteside.

But the 1/2" shaft bits start to cost significantly more. 

As I recall the 1/4" shaft was under $20.00 and the 1/2" shaft was about $60.00.  Whiteside is sold on Amazon or you can order directly from Whiteside, but they always charge full list price.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
If you have one of the dovetail jigs, you could possible use one of the templates for that. Do the slots need to be "V" shaped? Would a square bottom notch cut with a straight bit work?