curio cabinet moldings
I'm building 1 for a customer and I plan on putting bull nose for the top piece of molding. The hard part is that she wants under it "lace but in wood". The cabinet is cherry.

I'm having locating a supplier for something like this.

Anyone know where to look?

I found something, not sure if that's what she has in mind, but it's beech.
How well does beech stain with cherry?

Jim
Jim
I would think that with some experimenting you could achieve the same coloring.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-24-2022, 08:04 PM)museumguy Wrote: I would think that with some experimenting you could achieve the same coloring.

Thanks guy,

I found a small amount of beech molding and tested it with the gel stain. It came out a little darker than the cherry wood & stain but it's acceptable. I think.

Jim
Jim
(01-25-2022, 09:06 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Thanks guy,

I found a small amount of beech molding and tested it with the gel stain. It came out a little darker than the cherry wood & stain but it's acceptable. I think.

Jim

Even if you get the color perfect on the beech now it won't be in a few years as the cherry ages but the beech doesn't.  You could probably find someone with a CNC nearby to cut whatever you need in cherry.  

John
(01-25-2022, 10:09 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Even if you get the color perfect on the beech now it won't be in a few years as the cherry ages but the beech doesn't.  You could probably find someone with a CNC nearby to cut whatever you need in cherry.  

John

Dah. Good point John. I was able to talk her out of using that anyway.

Jim
Jim
A quick google search under "laser cutting wood for sale" found me several. 

This guy is in Rhode Island:  https://www.zowaqa.com/products/moroccan...anel-b-034
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.