Retrofit canister to dust collector?
I am back again seeking more advice on dust collection as I re-setup my shop in a new house. 

I have a circa 2000 Grizzly 2hp dust collector with upper and lower felt bags. I am thinking it might be a good idea to swap to an upper canister and lower collection bag. I've poured through Grizzly's website and I do not see anything that assuredly works as a retrofit, so thought I would solicit help here.

Below is a picture of the center support ring and a measurement which as you can see shows an outside diameter of about 19.5". Presuming it is a good idea, is there a way to retrofit a canister and, if so, any suggestions for which canister fits and is good would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Plans? Who needs plans? They're in my head!
Wynn Environmental.  Link

If you go back to this Dust Collector Thread, you'll see how I currently have my Wynn Filter configured on the components of an HF DC.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Did this conversion on my Penn State 2 1/2 HP DC last year. Clark's link to the Wynn site is a good one. You want to get the kit with the cover and the clips. Depending on the diameter of your housing you may have to make a doughnut out of 3/4" plywood (I did for my Penn State).

I also converted to the bag setup by Stumpy Nubs and it makes emptying the dust a lot easier.

Doug
(01-28-2022, 08:05 PM)Tapper Wrote: Did this conversion on my Penn State 2 1/2 HP DC last year. Clark's link to the Wynn site is a good one. You want to get the kit with the cover and the clips. Depending on the diameter of your housing you may have to make a doughnut out of 3/4" plywood (I did for my Penn State).

I also converted to the bag setup by Stumpy Nubs and it makes emptying the dust a lot easier.

Doug

Another vote for Wynn, they have been extremely helpful for years in getting pleated filters on top of many many dust collectors. 

Your size is almost exactly the same as the ubiquitous harbor freight DC. 
Check wynns web sight, they probably already have a kit for your model DC (look in the details on the one sold for the harbor freight it probably fits yours as well)
I have the same 2 hp Griz DC. I converted it to a Wynn canister filter probably 12 years ago.

The canister is much smaller than the metal ring on the DC. I cut a plywood doughnut to fit. Cut a plywood circle for the top of the canister and held it all together with some scrap all thread and angle iron.

I use heavy duty 4 mil garbage bags for the bottom bag. When full, remove and toss.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
I've been waffling about the Wynn filter upgrade for my Delta 50-760 for years. I *want* a Harvey G700, but it's not happening, at least for a little bit. So I finally pulled the trigger on the Wynn MERV10 filter kit for the 50-760. Yay!
Great thread with lots of  good info and links. 

Is there a way to bookmark or save this thread so I can find it later when needed?  

Thanks!
I have a similar DC, Penn State. I have a Wynn 100% spun bond cartridge filter. The benefit to spun bond is that it can be washed with a garden hose. When I do that I make sure it has at least a couple days to dry out. I also installed a Thien baffle in the bottom of the metal 'funnel' That really seems to help with larger particles, less so with fine dust though it still helps. A lot of people have a separate trash can with Thien baffles, I don't really have the room nor a piping configuration to support a 'top hat' configuration. It also helps to empty the bottom bag when it gets about half full. Easier to maneuver and I think the separation efficiency is better when the bag is not too full.
(01-30-2022, 11:53 AM)nuk Wrote: I've been waffling about the Wynn filter upgrade for my Delta 50-760 for years.  I *want* a Harvey G700, but it's not happening, at least for a little bit.  So I finally pulled the trigger on the Wynn MERV10 filter kit for the 50-760.  Yay!

It seems the gasket just sits on top of the Delta rim, Is this accurate.  I know past models seated onto the rim at least in the video tutorials.