Apples and Oranges
That review calls for a holy cr$p! I've never seen such a poorly written, error riddled review like this one before. I'd expect something that clueless from Homes and Gardens, never from someplace like Woodsmith. Talk about taking a credibility hit....
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
(02-01-2022, 10:47 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Even Fine Woodworking has soiled their reputation for excellence.  A recent article devoting 6 to 8 pages on ways to hang wall shelves was a new low.  

John

So I called up my friend, and asked him about it (he is still a subscriber). "Yeah! in the Oct issue.....but I didn't read it because it'd be more educational to talk to a HD guy working in the fasteners aisle."

Fine Woodworking has the best images, hands down. If other magazines wanted to copy it, they should invest in that aspect.

Simon
(02-10-2022, 12:50 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: So I called up my friend, and asked him about it (he is still a subscriber). "Yeah! in the Oct issue.....but I didn't read it because it'd be more educational to talk to a HD guy working in the fasteners aisle."

Simon

I just have to put my plaid shirt on and say-  I don't care who you are... That is funny right there.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
That is embarrassing in so many ways.   From the technical aspect it makes no sense.
The worse part is the text.  It seems to have been written by a 10 year old.  Any grammar school English teacher would give it a "D" and send it back for rewrite and add a note to the parents.

The entire thing is truly sad from a publication I once enjoyed.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
They’re all bot-written reviews making money off Amazon affiliate links. They also know how to game google and the rest of the search engines so they’ll show up at the top of any search. Go looking and you’ll find tons of clones about any product area. 

Ugh.
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.