Drawer slide shortage
Lately, it seems many things I need are not readily available. I’m gathering materials and planning to build new vanities for my home. I’d really like to use soft close undermount drawer slides by Blum or KV. If I’m going to dedicate the time and efforts, I want to use high quality materials. I’d also like to develop a drawer and cabinet system that I could hone in for possibly starting a kitchen cabinet and laundry room build.

My local wood and hardware supplier, Liberty Hardwoods in KC, isn’t expecting KV MUV undermount slides until July! The Blum Blumotions are also back ordered for 8+ weeks. Can anyone recommend another undermount slide or know where the KV’s or Blum’s can be sourced? Thanks.

(02-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Lately, it seems many things I need are not readily available.  I’m gathering materials and planning to build new vanities for my home.  I’d really like to use soft close undermount drawer slides by Blum or KV.  If I’m going to dedicate the time and efforts, I want to use high quality materials.  I’d also like to develop a drawer and cabinet system that I could hone in for possibly starting a kitchen cabinet and laundry room build.

My local wood and hardware supplier, Liberty Hardwoods in KC, isn’t expecting KV MUV undermount slides until July!  The Blum Blumotions are also back ordered for 8+ weeks.  Can anyone recommend another undermount slide or know where the KV’s or Blum’s can be sourced?  Thanks.

Check AH Turf, but I'm not optimistic you'll find them anywhere.  I think your only short term option are side mounted slides.  K&V makes some very nice soft close ones.  

John
Side mount slides are still available.

I was planning on starting a bar build in 2020, but that had to wait until prices come down and availability returns. I have no idea when that will be. Supply chain shortages are affecting everything - if it's available, it's considerably more expensive.
(02-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Lately, it seems many things I need are not readily available.  I’m gathering materials and planning to build new vanities for my home.  I’d really like to use soft close undermount drawer slides by Blum or KV.  If I’m going to dedicate the time and efforts, I want to use high quality materials.  I’d also like to develop a drawer and cabinet system that I could hone in for possibly starting a kitchen cabinet and laundry room build.

My local wood and hardware supplier, Liberty Hardwoods in KC, isn’t expecting KV MUV undermount slides until July!  The Blum Blumotions are also back ordered for 8+ weeks.  Can anyone recommend another undermount slide or know where the KV’s or Blum’s can be sourced?  Thanks.

When I was still building kitchens for friends, I relied on Custom Service Hardware (https://www.cshardware.com/) for most of my hardware requirements.  I believe the slides I was using were Quadro. These were side mount to the cabinet but undermount on the drawers. I just checked their website, I didn't see any "not available at this time" or similar notations for the slides. I always had good service from CSH.

I'm building a pantry cabinet and purchased KV slides from Holdahl. I found them searching for a special adjustable shelf called K2. Their prices for the slides were the cheapest I could find. I used 22" side mount. Give them a look. Good luck. 

BTW, the adjustable pins and rails came and it's easy peasy and now within minutes I can adjust the shelves. No more wishing I made the shelf 1" higher to fit xxxx. Moving forward I can make the posts myself.  

https://www.holdahlcompany.com/
I've had the same problem lately and posted here about it. I got lots of good suggestions. After striking out at a couple of other places, I eventually found some from woodworkers express. I'm not familiar with the brand but I'm not in a position to wait for a set of Blum.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(02-01-2022, 02:23 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: I'm building a pantry cabinet and purchased KV slides from Holdahl. I found them searching for a special adjustable shelf called K2. Their prices for the slides were the cheapest I could find. I used 22" side mount. Give them a look. Good luck. 

BTW, the adjustable pins and rails came and it's easy peasy and now within minutes I can adjust the shelves. No more wishing I made the shelf 1" higher to fit xxxx. Moving forward I can make the posts myself.  

https://www.holdahlcompany.com/

Would you furnish a link to the K2 adjustable shelf?
(02-01-2022, 09:43 PM)BillN Wrote: Would you furnish a link to the K2 adjustable shelf?

I had this on a earlier post. Here you go.

https://www.centurymade.com/

https://www.xseriesbracket.com/

A short video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr1wxr4WtLs
Yah I ordered a bunch of the 21" Blum soft close undermounts from woodworker express back in November, at which time they stated it was an 8week lead time. I logged into the account just the other day to check, and the back-order had been extended to December of 2022.. No way!

I hate to say it, but the Everbilt 21" full extension soft close undermounts (home depot brand) have been in stock and I've used them on shop cabinets in the past with no issues.  Sturdy and seem to be long lasting.  Not worth delaying the project for a year just to get the Blum name
Thanks for the recommendations. I think I’m going to try a soft close, full extension undermount slide by Pride. My regular local supplier said KV MUV’s are being discontinued and they are going to start carrying Pride. I know nothing about Pride hardware but my local supplier has never stocked junk hardware. They have 3/4” extension, soft close undermount slides right now. They are cheap at $14 a pair in 18” size but I hate to compromise on these vanities due to supply chain issues. BIN Zinnser pigmented shellac is a pain to find locally as well.